My greatest goofups #1

Well this time, I was traveling by bus from Yerwada to Pune station obviously in Pune.

As usual it was crowdy (yup I know there is no such word in angrezi..bhawnao ko samjha karo yaar).
On the next stop an Old lady boarded, she looked very disgusted by the temperature outside and acting as a good boy (why can't I be good :) ) I offered the lady my seat.
Before I proceed I want you to know that when it comes to Marathi I am good at just one sentence mala marathi yet nai.(I dont uderstand marathi language)
Lady thanked me in marathi, to which i nodded with a smile. Not a minute had passed she spoke again and was looking at me, I don't know what to say but I nodded in agreement(yes you are so right Mam). Two stops passed by and the lady was speaking on something or the other .
Meanwhile I got hold of another seat on the opposite side, how ever I wasn't so quick; so lost the window seat to a young lady and had to compromise with the one I got .
But the Old lady, spoke again and this time a very very long sentence. I could not resist my self and recited the famous phrase that I am good at:ud at "mala marathi yet nahi".
Old Lady laughed and said in Hindi , aap ke bagal mein meri beti hai main usse baat kar rahi hu (easy English translation:- I am talking to my daughter sitting next to you ) .
Now I realised that her daughter was standing next to me in the bus before .(yaar uski ladkii ne ek baar bhi apni ma ki kisi baat ka jawaab nahi diya - her daughter never replied even once) but apna to majaak ud chuka tha ; no explanation can change this fact.
Only thing relieving was the next stop Pune station, I ran down as fast as I could, just to escape the moment.

Comments

GAUTAM said…
Super Cool
Unknown said…
ha ha ha..gr8 one...
Unknown said…
watt lag gayi ........

Popular Posts